Be amazed by the richest and most exotic of birdlife of Borneo as you explore the East Coast of Sabah with our in-house…
- Things To Bring
Be amazed by the richest and most exotic of birdlife of Borneo as you explore the East Coast of Sabah with our in-house Birding specialist guides. Over 8 wonderful days, we'll cover the Sepilok Nature Reserve, the Kinabatangan River and the Tabin Wildlife reserve where there are more than 316 different birds, 20 of them endemic to Borneo. Stay at the award winning ecolodge Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
- Birding at Sepilok Nature Reserve
- 02 Nights stay at Sukau Rainforest Lodge, National Geographic unique lodges of the world, Superior Room. Travel to SRL by speedboat
- 03 afternoon river cruises and 02 early morning river cruise in search of Borneo's birdlife
- Nature walk along Hornbill Boardwalk and Attenborough Boardwalk to learn about the flora in the area and maybe even sight some wildlife and birdlife
- Experience the uniqueness of Gomantong Cave and its surrounding to witness the amazing bat exodus at dusk and see the bat hawks in action
- At Sukau Rainforest Lodge, enjoy a night safari river cruise through Kinabatangan River to spot nocturnal wildlife (Optional Tour)
- Bird watching in Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- Exploring Kinabatangan River
Day 1 : Sepilok
Arrive at Sandakan airport and be transferred to Sepilok Nature Resort. Spend the rest of the evening resting and relaxing. Overnight in Sepilok Nature Resort. (Dinner)
Day 2 : Rainforest Discovery Centre
We'll spend a full day birdwatching in Rainforest Discovery Centre. Overnight at Sepilok Nature Resort. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 3 : Sepilok - Sukau
Birdwatching around Sepilok in the morning. At noon, we depart to Sukau on a 2.5 hr boat journey on Sabah's longest river, the Kinabatangan. Brief stops along the way when there are bird and wildlife sightings. Lower Kinabatangan is home to 210 species of birds. Check into the award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge. Join an afternoon cruise for bird watching. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Note on Camera Use at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre:
For any camera with zoom lens from 100 to 400mm, video camera or other video recording equipment for personal use are chargeable at RM10.00 per unit. For any camera (fixed-lens - 400mm and above ) or any film-making equipment are chargeable at RM1,000.00 per unit. Mode of payment is cash only.
Please make sure that you travel light to Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Day 4 - 5 : Sukau
Morning and afternoon river cruise for bird watching. Visit Gomantong Caves on one of the evenings to watch the exodus of bats and bathawks. We would highly recommend our optional night cruise one of these nights as it offers an opportunity to get up close with sleeping birds nesting on the lower branches of trees and opportunity for great photographs. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 6 : Sukau - Tabin
Proceed to Lahad Datu for lunch and then onwards to Tabin Wildlife Reserve, another haven for bird watching enthusiasts which boasts approximately 220 species of birds. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 7 : Tabin
Full day bird watching in Tabin. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 8 : Tabin - Lahad Datu airport
After breakfast, transfer to Lahad Datu airport for departure flight. (Breakfast)
|ROOMS||RATES PER PERSON||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
|Superior||RM 9721||RM 3845|
High Season Surcharge: RM 267 (July & August)
Upgrade to villa: All our 20 new villas are now up and ready for guests. If you have booked a superior room in advance but want to upgrade to a villa, you can! Just pay the price difference and you’re all set!
The following discounts apply to tours that include Sukau Rainforest Lodge ONLY:
- Children age 3 and below - Free
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with ONE adult - 25% discount
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with TWO adult - 50% discount
Tours and transfers, accommodation and meals as specified, private river cruise in Sukau, entrance fees and English speaking guide.
Domestic airfare (Kota Kinabalu (BKI) - Sandakan (SDK) & Lahad Datu (LDU) - Kota Kinabalu (BKI), camera fee and items not mentioned, Tourism Tax (TTx) flat rate of RM10 per room per night.
- Sun block lotion
- Personal toiletries
- Torch light
- Insect repellent
- Drinking water bottle
- Walking shoes
Borneo Eco Tours is moving towards a plastic-free environment, so, please join our movement by bringing your own refillable water bottle during your time with us.